Monday 9 August 2010

I was looking for something else...


...and I found these ~ the story of my life :-)

My mother-in-law, Jean, gave these pieces of furniture to me a few years back. She had them when she was a little girl ~ and she will be 87 next month!

I find it very hard to resist the little dolls' house dogs and cats ~ I've got some bunnies somewhere, too, which I expect will turn up when I'm looking for something else entirely ;-)

This handsome couple are Charles and Nancy Mallory. I bought the lady quite a few years ago ~ and her husband came free! The lady I was buying her from mislaid my order which meant I ended up with a rather long wait ~ so she sent the chap along to say sorry :-) I wasn't cross, as these things happen, so I was very touched by her gesture.
I have bought some miniature bunka trimming which hopefully will make good hair for Nancy. To be honest, I can't quite make up my mind about whether or not to leave Charles bald, as I think he looks rather good. I have bought some flocking powder, though, so that I can see whether or not I like the look of it. One thing I really must do, sooner rather than later, is to make the pair of them some clothes! Actually, Nancy only needs a top ~ I made the skirt and shawl a long time back. Poor Charles needs trousers at the very least!
I've decided that it's high time I got on with building my dolls' houses. I have three actual house kits which are still in their boxes, two Dolls House Emporium kits (the summer house and the retreat) and a market stall!!
So look out for stories to come about Hazelton, the fictional little town which is the setting for my miniature people and their homes :-)

No comments: