Sunday 22 August 2010

Inspiration...


So this is me way back in August 1983. At the time I thought I was so fat ~ I would never have dreamed then just how huge I would one day become.

I have to confess that I am feeling pretty low right now ~ well, I have been for some little while actually. I try hard to maintain a "jolly fat woman" persona but it's becoming very difficult to continue with this charade. I look at this photo and the tears just well up. How could I have let myself become so fat, how could I have let myself go so badly?

I'm tired of only living ~ in effect ~ half a life. I rarely go out because it is such an effort to walk far or for very long. I want to change ~ God knows, I certainly NEED to change. I'll be 50 years old next June and the thought of spending however many years I may have left in the shell I have created fills me with horror. And let's be frank, if I don't shed a serious amount of fat then what kind of life will it be anyway?

I thought about finding a photo of a celebrity to use as my inspiration but it isn't exactly realistic, is it? I can, though, use a photo of MYSELF because I am still ME somewhere deep inside this layer of all-encompassing fat.

So, here is my inspiration photo. Please spare me a couple of minutes, from time-to-time, to send healing, encouraging thoughts my way ~ I would so appreciate this, my friends (((hugs)))

2 comments:

AngelDoll said...

You are beautiful INSIDE and OUT Sharon...and remember God loves you! Cheer up my friend.

SharonLarkin said...

Thank you so much, sweetie ~ I so appreciate you taking time to stop by and comment :-) I'm feeling better, actually, since I wrote this post. I think that sometimes it's good to get stuff out of your head and down on paper (or in this case, screen!) It's hard at times to step back from a situation you may find yourself in but writing this post has enabled me to do that :-)