Sunday 31 October 2010

On this date 10 years ago.....


.....my friend and I drove to the Wood Green Animal Shelter in Godmanchester and brought Amber home to become a much-loved part of this family :-) It doesn't really seem possible that our beloved poochie has lived here with us for ten whole years ~ the time has gone by so very quickly, dear readers!
And yet it feels like she has always been part of the family. Amber is about eleven years old now and I guess you would say that she is definitely approaching her twilight years; some days I look at her and can see that she, like all of us, is ageing and yet most days she still has her mad moments where she plays with her toys like a puppy :-) I hope we have as many years as possible still ahead of us with Amber, but no one knows what may be around the next corner. The one thing I do know for sure though is that she, like all the precious animal companions we have been privileged to welcome into our family over the years, will most certainly have her own special place in our hearts for all time.....

No comments: