Wednesday 13 October 2010

Wren Bay


My lovely friend, Clarice, has written and self-published a book! I am so proud of her achievement, not least because she is dyslexic and finds writing difficult as you can imagine. It is a lovely book and encompasses all that Clarice is so well known for on her blog, Storybook Woods. I read the book in a couple of days ~ which shows how much I enjoyed it!
Wren Bay is the story of a newly married young woman who moves from the social whirl of Boston to her new husband's country estate. All too soon, Wren and Devlin are separated when he leaves to fight in the war. Wren decides to use this time apart to make Devlin's family home into their a home. She is a creative, resourceful and determined young woman and Clarice's lovely story tells how Wren gradually achieves all that she set out to accomplish.
Clarice has written such a beautiful gentle book ~ an amalgamation of fiction, recipes and crafts. I thoroughly enjoyed it ~ so much so, that I am about to read it all over again :-)

1 comment:

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

I too read Clarice's book, "Wren Bay" and found such comfort and inspiration from visiting her characters and peeking into their lives!
Warmly,
Tracey
x0x