Sunday 12 December 2010

Have you ever made something.....



.....with no clear idea of what you are going to do ~ it just sort of 'happens'?? I ended up with this little bag, sweetie~pies and have no idea what I am going to do with it!

I rather like to be working on something when I'm sat watching TV in the evening, as I don't feel quite so lazy ;-) Although I'm still working on my
'granny triangle' shawl, some days I just feel like doing something different. So, my loves, I started to idly crochet some granny squares in this pretty lilac cotton yarn ~ then found myself wondering what on earth to do with them, since I had only just enough yarn to make eight squares! I had a little think and came to the conclusion that I might get inspired if I made the squares a teensy wee bit larger, so I promptly added a cream border......

.....then I looked at them for a while longer, still not knowing quite where I was going with this latest project! It seemed like a sensible idea to sew the squares together, though.....after which I found myself looking at two, larger, squares and realising that the only logical conclusion to make was that I would have to turn them into either a cushion or a bag. Since I would have to make a cushion pad to fit the squares, I went down the path of least resistence ~ and made a bag LOL


It's still hanging on the cupboard where I photographed it and it just doesn't look 'finished', somehow, sweetie~pies. I believe that this bag needs a lining (the ideal solution, methinks, to keeping everything in the bag rather than falling out through the spaces in the granny squares!) and this would be a rather lovely gentle way to embark on my friendship with Miss Sadie~Marie Sewing-Machine, don't you think :-)

I shall inspect this little bag again for 'finished-ness' once it has said lining safely in position ;-)

2 comments:

- said...

I love this and the colors look gorgeous together. I'm thinking something ever so small as an embellishment would look just right.

SharonLarkin said...

Clara, I think you are quite right :-) I have a 'brooch cushion' and am thinking of liberating one of the brooches to attach to the bag ~ once I've made the lining LOL