Wednesday 8 December 2010

Please pray for my friend, D, who is gravely ill.....




Dear Lord,

You know D so much better than I do. You know her sickness and the burden she carries. You also know her heart.

Lord, I ask you to be with D now, working in her life. Let your will be done in D's life. If there is a sin that needs to be confessed and forgiven, Lord, please help her to see her need and confess.

Lord, I pray for my friend D because your Word says I should pray for her healing. I believe you hear this earnest prayer from my heart and that it is powerful because of your promise. I have faith in you to heal D, but I also trust in the plan you have for her life.

Lord, I don't always understand your ways, and why D has to suffer, but I trust you. I ask that you look with mercy and grace toward her. Nourish her spirit and soul in this time of suffering and comfort her with your presence. Let D know you are there with her through this difficulty.

And may you be glorified in her life and also in mine.

Amen

(adapted from a prayer on about.com)


Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 40:30-31

No comments: