Friday 30 December 2011

A Monthly Make for 2012


Well, my loves, your's truly has decided to join Annie's (The Felt Fairy) Monthly Make for 2012 *eeeeek*  I'm hoping that it will give me the impetus to actually get some of these ideas out of my head and into the real world ~ and in the process, make more space in my poor 'ole bonce for normal, everyday thinking *hehehehe*  I would also like to start making as many birthday, Christmas, etc, gifts as I can for folk.

Oh sweetie~pies, I have SO many plans for this coming year ~ I just hope that I don't crash and burn before I've even gotten started!


Do you remember that I joined in with Angie's (Le monde de Sucrette) Giant Granny Square Challenge?  Well, I managed to complete my giant granny (which was to be a Christmas gift lap-blanket) with about a week to spare, my loves!  The recipient was so thrilled with her gift, which made me very happy indeed :-)  I was really pleased with how it turned out and love the pretty colours ~ all the yarn came from my humungous stash.....which is still pretty humungous LOL  I finished it off with a row of half trebles, followed by a bobble-shell edging which I discovered on Lucy's (Attic 24) delightful blog. 

Beverly concentrating on some last minute pressie-wrapping!

And talking of lap-blankets, the one I'm making for Beverly's birthday has been put on hold whilst she has been home for Christmas ~ I sure do hope that I get it finished in time for the 28th January!  I wonder if I can pass it off as my January Monthly Make for 2012 ;-)

No comments: