Monday 30 April 2012

A Monthly Make for 2012: April


My April Monthly Make for 2012 is crocheted and knitted dolls' house rugs, my loves :-)

What with one thing and another, April has been a decidedly unproductive month.  Still, I did manage to do a little experimenting with knitting and crocheting these dolls' house rugs/mats.

I found the yarn in my stash minus the labels, sweetie~pies, so I'm afraid I can't tell you what it is ~ although I have an idea it may well be something like 25% wool/75% acrylic.  I liked the look of it and thought it might make rather good natural-looking rugs. 

The two moss stitch knitted ones have come out best; the stitches in both the crocheted ones look too big and out of scale.  If I remember correctly, the yarn was labelled as double-knit but it seemed quite thin to me.  I used old imperial size 10 needles to make the moss stitch rug and mat; I believe this is the equivalent of 3.25mm/US size 3.  It worked out quite nicely, giving a firm texture but not too stiff. 

Now that I have tried this out, I shall definitely be making more little rugs and mats ~ especially since I have plenty of odds and ends of yarn in my stash to use up! 

No comments: