Friday 13 July 2012

AWOL

image from Writing Valley



I've tried to think of some reasonable excuses why my blogging has been so remiss lately, my loves, but the simple truth is that my blogging get-up-and-go has got-up-and-gone!  I've been in a bit of a weird place lately ~ I am sure those of you who have hoarding tendencies will understand when I say how difficult I am finding all this downsizing and decluttering *sigh*  I never expected it to be such an emotional experience ~ after all, it's just getting shot of a load of "stuff", right??

It isn't proving to be quite as simple and straightforward as that though.  I feel like I am peeling off a protective layer, inch-by-painful-inch, and it is leaving me feeling pretty exposed and even somewhat vulnerable.  A very dear friend has told me many times that all my "stuff" is like a baby's comfort blanket and I know she is right.  I have been building a thicker and thicker protective wall around myself but the truth is that it has not been able to "protect" me from what is going on inside of myself.  All it has done is temporarily take my mind away from dealing with my issues.  Of course, those issues are still there; I need to face them head-on and finally put them in the past, where they belong.

So please bear with my somewhat sporadic posting, sweetie-pies ~ normal ramblings will resume asap! 

No comments: