Wednesday 29 August 2012

A productive weekend ~ part two...

 
 

Sweetie~pies, I forgot to show you this photo of Nikki in her "fortress" LOL  It was taken when we were working on the lean-to and the living room was full of stuff from out there.  Then to make the room even more congested the shelving and storage crates arrived before we had finished the floor!  She seemed to really like her little den, though ~ she does seem to like confined spaces.  I can only think she feels safe all curled up in a hidey-hole :-)

image found on google

In one of those delightfully seredipitous moments, my loves, no sooner had Adrian and I decided to have a jolly good sort-out of his wardrobe than a collection bag from the Salvation Army dropped through our letterbox!  And since they were due to collect any donations today, we decided to get it done yesterday so that we didn't have piles of clothing hanging around for days on end.  Good thinking, eh ;-)  In the end, sorting through Adrian's things wasn't really too bad a job at all and his wardrobe is now looking very neat and tidy.

Since we don't have a car, having the clothes collected really seemed too good an opportunity to miss so I decided to go through my things as well.  There wasn't very much to get rid off in my wardrobe to be honest.....but I had a whole load of stuff stored up in the loft!  Adrian and Sam manhandled the cases and bags down for me and I set-to.  Now, my loves, the clothes from the loft are not ones which actually fit me but I have been keeping them ready for that glorious day when I shall be slim enough to get into the blighters!  Of course, I haven't reached that day yet.....

I was very conflicted about what I should do ~ should I keep them or get rid of them??  Oh decisions, decisions!  In the end I decided that the only sensible thing to do was to keep ~ for now, at least ~ the clothes that I really liked and to let the others go.  Truth be told, I am just not quite ready to let everything go even though it doesn't fit me.  It seemed silly to make myself anxious and upset and in all honesty, despite keeping quite a lot of the clothes, I still feel proud of myself for letting so much go.  In the end, we had two collection bags and two suitcases stuffed full of clothes for the Salvation Army today ~ mostly it was my stuff but there was quite a lot from Adrian and also a handful of things from Sam too :-)

I guess deep-down I'm still holding on to the hope that one day I will be slim enough to wear the clothes I have kept ~ and who knows, maybe one day I will be...  
 


No comments: