Sunday 2 March 2014

The Garden Project



I rather think this topic will ~ as they say ~ run and run!  Adrian and I have restarted tackling the eyesore that is our back garden and it is going to be quite an epic task methinks, despite the garden being so small.  Yesterday was dry and quite sunny so we spent a good part of the day outside.  Mind you, we were both absolutely pooped by the time we came in ~ and didn't really seem to have much to show for all our efforts!

The photo above is a view from the house; like I say, the garden really isn't very big at all.


This photo shows almost the whole width of the garden.


Looking across from the other side.


The raised bed used to have a pond in it.  When the last of the fish died we made it into a garden bed.  It's terribly overgrown now and I intend to make changes!


This view (above) is really shameful!  Still, at least the fence is nice and new ~ just needs to have the other two panels stained ;-)  With the garden being so small, it gets quite difficult to actually make changes because we seem to be constantly having to move things from one area to another.  But it's the only way we are going to be able to get the work done, so I guess we'll just have to grit our teeth and get on with it LOL


Looking down towards the gate.  You may be able to make out that the garden is an odd shape.  It's almost a triangle and tapers away to nothing.  Hopefully this year we will be able to have the fence panels replaced in this area and have it paved over properly.  Then we can get a new garden shed and locate the log-stores in better positions.


This is where Abigail and Babs had their house.  Adrian and I finished taking down the old chicken run and moved them over to where it used to be.  Next weekend I will get Adrian to help me move the log-store (you can just see it, top left) onto these slabs then I can get the new border marked out along the fence and have a good sort out of all the junk that's built up here.


The girls had a good rummage around in the garden whilst we were moving their house into its new position ~ it's a lot heavier than it looks!  I know it doesn't look elegant but it is a temporary location so we didn't bother doing anything fancy.  They went back inside quite happily but seemed very puzzled when they were looking out into the garden LOL


And to finish off this "post of shame" I thought I would try to redeem myself somewhat by sharing this photo of my lovely little prostrate rosemary.  It's been in flower all winter and really seems to like living in the corner of this wooden planter.  Hopefully it won't be too long before the rest of the garden is looking happier :-)

No comments: