Thursday 10 April 2014

Diary of a Dieter Week 13



start weight: 22st 13lbs (321 pounds)
current weight: 22st 3lbs (313 pounds)
total loss to date: 10lbs

Well, if you are very observant you will have noticed that a) I haven't posted in my dieting diary for a few weeks, and b) my weight is the same as it was on week 10!

I've had a very up-and-down few weeks, and haven't got into the dieting spirit at all.  In fact, the week before last I was really contemplating giving it all up ~ yet again ~ and cried off from going to the group meeting.  I just wasn't bothering to follow the plan and ended up feeling very miserable and sorry for myself.  I decided to get on my scales at home last week and wasn't surprised to see that I had put a few pounds back on. 

I really didn't know whether to bother going back or not but I sent a text to Amanda, the lovely Slimming World group leader, and she encouraged me to keep going.  So back I went to group last week, expecting to see an increase of four or five pounds ~ so I was sort of pleased to find that I had "only" put on three!  To be perfectly honest with you all, I still haven't been following the plan properly over this last week but at least when I got weighed last night I found I had dropped those three pounds I had gained during the previous couple of weeks.

So now it really is crunch time.  I have had to think long and hard about whether or not I really want to lose my excess weight, and try to get fitter and healthier.  I am the only one who can do this, there is no fairy godmother available to wave her magic wand and grant me three wishes!  I think it's time to go back to the beginning and get on with the eating plan as if I had only just started at group.  

Wish me luck!


No comments: