Tuesday 29 September 2015

Spice of Life CAL

Cherry Heart Spice of Life Crochet Along

I mentioned in my previous Spice of Life CAL post that I was thinking of making a second blanket, using yarn from my stash.  Well, I decided to do just that and guess what I found???  Only a parcel of yarn from Deramores that I hadn't even opened!  I really don't know why I put it away without opening it first but I am rather embarrassed to admit that I did LOL

I thought it must be fate to find the parcel, so I am using this West Yorkshire Spinners Blue Faced Leicester DK yarn for a second blanket.  In fact, there were half a dozen more balls of yarn (West Yorkshire Spinners Aire Valley DK) in the parcel as well, but I will show them to you when I have completed the first section of blanket number three ;-)

So here is blanket number two :-)  I decided in what order to use the colours and I am going to just keep on repeating them, rather than allocating a particular shade to correspond to a colour in the original pattern.  I will most likely give blankets two and three as gifts ~ I already have someone in mind for blanket three :-)  


I have ordered a couple more balls of the Aire Valley yarn as I don't think 600g will be quite enough.  I'm afraid I have also given in to temptation and ordered some more of the Berrocco Comfort yarn ~ to make another blanket for myself!

No comments: