Friday 22 April 2016

WIPs, naughtiness and a gift


I'm currently making my first blanket for Woolly Hugs, using yarn from my overflowing stash!  

I'm still working on Mum's blanket, as well as a shawl for myself (I keep forgetting to take photos!) ~ plus I've made my first Christmas 2016 gift.....well, you know me, I never like to have just one project on the go at a time LOL


I was tempted, my loves, oh my goodness how I was tempted!  I just fell in love with the Scheepjes Colour Crafter yarns ~ and somehow a ball of every colour that Deramores had in stock found its way into my basket.....52 balls of gorgeousness, to be precise!  It is lovely yarn, so soft and snuggly.  And now I have discovered that there are another 30 new colours ~ oh be still my beating heart!  So far I have resisted.....


I am putting those lovely balls of yarn to good use, though, making the flower garden blanket from the Arne & Carlos book Knit and Crochet Garden.  I somehow think this is going to be a longterm project :-)


I had a big downsizing session of my fabric stash (oh yes, I have fabric stashed away as well as yarn!) and offered the pieces I didn't think I would make use of to a friend.  She was really happy to take it all off my hands, and as a "thank you", gave me a mug for which she knitted a "mug hug".  I do still have some fabric which I decided to keep.  Some will go back into the loft for the time being but I have kept some other pieces out for another project I have made a tentative start on......but that's for sharing another day!

No comments: